Monday, January 25, 2010

What happened to winter?

We are having a very wet day! Miserable, wet and very slushy!!
I hate rain and it hasn't stopped since last night. The temperature is fine at plus 8 but I would prefer a little colder with snow if I had the choice.

I don't have much update on last week really so this will be a short blog.

As I have my new camera and I need to start learning how to use it properly, I have learnt some tips from Ruth and this website which has been very helpful. I am learning how to take photo's on the manual setting along with all the other technical details.
I decided that I needed to set myself a challenge and I am going with photo's of 'Birds in Flight' which is definitely easier said than done and may take me a long time to get what I want. Yesterday I stood for a long time trying to get just one shot and then finally I got this one below.....



It isn't the best photo but it was certainly a good start. The photo is a little noisy so I need to work on my settings some more but I am slowly learning some new techniques and hope that I will get the 'perfect' shot with practice.

I hope to be back later with a recipe that I would like to share with you from last week.

2 comments:

  1. Well there is at least 2 months of it left...but 24 hours of rain in January is not normal....praying it doesn't freeze tonight or it will be hell out there tomorrow :)

    Well you haven't picked yourself and easy one to start with,good luck !!.....I would guess the noise is due to high ISO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky!!
    Just stopped by to say hello and I have been reading your blog ^_^
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete