Monday, November 30, 2009

Time to blog.....

Now that all the birthday's are finally over I should really concentrate on Christmas. But as usual I am falling behind with time again! I have to get cards in the post to the U.K. by 1st December (tomorrow) and I have only got half way so far. So it looks like I could be spending most of my evening writing cards.
I have had quite an eventful week which first started with a special assembly for 'Starfish' and 'Terrific Kids' awards. Every month one child from each class and grade is given this special award and they have to meet a certain criteria to be able to achieve this. Well much to my surprise, I received a call from the school inviting me to the assembly last week as Brad was up for an award. He had no idea about it so I secretly went along to see him receive this months 'Terrific Kid' Award - Brad received a certificate and a medal and a bumper sticker for my car - so I can now say 'I am a proud parent of a terrific kid'



As usual the weekend flew by.... Saturday we started to clear some of the fallen trees in the back for a pathway through our forest :) We managed to chainsaw up about 6 good sized trees. This has now been put in the shed to dry ready for next years winter fuel supply! Then later in the evening we drove to the village as it was the annual Santa Parade, and for such a small village the floats were really impressive. Unfortunately as it was dark and as most of you know with digital camera's you can never really get a good nighttime shot unless you use a tripod which I didn't want to take with me so I clicked away and this is just a few of the ones that didn't turn out too bad!



Other than having to try and get motivated and ready for Christmas I don't have much planned for the week ahead and hopefully we will have a quite (ish) weekend too... although that could soon change without much notice :) I am sure we are in for snow too this week, it has been unusually mild (so I have been told) for this time of the year and it has been 70 years since they haven't had snow in Ontario for November. Anyway one final photo to finish of for this week. It isn't very clear as the only shot I could get was through the window as every time I crept out they disappeared.



Don't forget that if you click on each picture they should click bigger :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow they make a really big deal about the award,good for the school.It's not that big a deal for our 'eleve de mois' !!
    The Santa parade looks good,ours is during the day,so it never looks particularly impressive !!
    Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete