Sunday, April 5, 2009

How Time flies.....

Well, it has been a while since my last post and I told Ruth that I would update later so here I am.

As my blog was originally a place where I could tell my story of our plans for immigration I thought I would start now with a quick update of our progress so far......

Back in November 2006 we applied for immigration to Canada . We received our AOR February 2007. The estimated time before they were going to process the application was 36 months..... well much to our surprise we heard from the embassy with a 90 day letter in November 2008 (a year early) for an update of our information. After much hair pulling and lots of paperwork later we sent this off February 2009. Thinking we would now have to wait at least another 6 months or so for an update we were called for our medicals just one month later. This was great, things were finally starting to move.
Meds done and now just waiting for the final lap..... Passport requests for the visa's, I hope that this comes through as quick :)

Spring is finally here, and after winter along with an office job is not doing me any favours on the waistline.
My body does not know what has hit it this week... Fitness has begun starting Tuesday last week with one of my favourite fitness DVDs, I have tried lots of others but this one always seems to do the trick. I ached for a few days after and was still recovering when I decided that a quick 2 mile run was in order, this was Thursday, what was I doing, my legs felt like led and the route I run was uphill most of the way. If I hadn't punished myself enough I ran the same again on Friday... Saturday was a much needed rest day but as the boys were staying at my mums for the weekend and the weather being nice on Sunday.... you guessed it out again but this time for a bike Ride to Foxton Locks this was just over 13 miles and my legs felt like jelly! We did stop on the way home at the pub for a quick drink (sparkling mineral water!) Then home. Not a bad start... I just need to keep it going now and get myself moving again, my aim will be at least twice a week but would like to say 4!

No pictures to post as I haven't taken any for a while and not done any scrapbooking either.
I will try not to leave it so long next time between my posts.... I will aim for once a week for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Winter did no favours for my waistline either :)
    I have to get back to it but for some reason I can always fine something else to do !!

    ReplyDelete