Monday, April 13, 2009

A Great long weekend....

Although it was a wet weekend until today that is, I have still enjoyed having some time off from work!

The car had to go to the garage for it's M.O.T so we couldn't go out anywhere on Friday, but as we are trying to sell the house I spent the day tidying up! Behind the sofa area was in much need of sorting out as all the papers magazines etc. seem to get put there 'out of sight', a dustbin bag full of rubbish later it was done. The boys are good at entertaining themselves and went out to play in their den area just down the road, this kept them occupied for most of the day.
Then to finish the day off and as it is Easter I baked some chocolate chip cupcakes which went down a treat!!


I got to see my dad on Saturday as he was back from Spain for a quick visit, I haven't seen him since I went over last October, it was great to see him, if only for a few hours. And of course he had Easter eggs for the boys, which soon brightened up there day.

It was lunch at mum's on Sunday, roast pork and turkey with all the trimmings followed by plum tart..... very nice!! It is always good when someone cooks for you, I always enjoy it more.

My last day at home for the long weekend was spent gardening. First a trip to the local garden centre for some 'flowering' plants then we had some cutting back of trees and bushes, which Craig did most of so I had to do the trip to the rubbish tip! The garden is nice and bright now and ready for next weekends 'Open House'.... Wish me luck we need to sell fast!!

I was planning on doing some scrap pages over the weekend as I have loads of pictures that I want to use and I haven't done any for a while, but nothing seemed to be working for me, no inspiration!
It's back to work tomorrow, so back to usual routine except for the boys who don't go back to school till next Monday!! ..... Enjoy while you can boys, you don't get this much holiday in Canada!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your cupcake shot,they do look yummy indeed !
    My closet is like your behind the sofa area and I am still putting off dealing with it.

    Scrap inspiration.......I still have my sketches online if you want to try one of them ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth, I did consider them :)

    ReplyDelete