Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At last.....

The little brown envelope finally arrived a week last Saturday with request for our passports so the embassy can issue our PR visa's!! The last hurdle is finally nearing the end. I will certainly be jumping for joy when we have these back. The letter from them has stated a maximum turn around of six weeks.
We still haven't had any luck selling the house, but this won't stop us from making the big move.
I need to make a list of all the things I need to do in final preparation. I am continuously thinking about what we need to do and along with work I feel like my head could explode, I don't think I can take much more info right now and every day things are starting to get forgotten like birthday's for example, sorry Oliver, the card is in the post... Hope you had a good birthday.

I mentioned before that I want to get fit again and wanted to at least do something at 3 times a week, well I failed. I didn't do anything for two weeks so I need to try again, so last Thursday I went for a 4 mile run which was a hard slog but I did it, then I tried again on Sunday morning, a little easier going in the morning but still hard. I will try and get out again tomorrow, but as I am a fair weather runner it will all depend on the rain!

Anyway, I have decided to share with you one of my daily recipes. For over a year now I have been baking my own bread. Not in a bread maker but by hand, well nearly I do use my Kenwood chef for the kneading which helps a little!!

All you need for the perfect loaf:-
250g Granary Bread Flour
250g White bread flour
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp fast action yeast
2 tsp Sugar
300ml tepid water

Put all the ingredients above into a large mixing bowl in the order shown above and knead for approx 10 minutes.
Leave to prove in a warm place for 2 hrs, until doubled in size
Knock back and either shape and place on a baking tray or use a loaf tin.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
Bake for 30 minutes, remove and leave to cool on a wire rack!


Once you've tasted real bread and see how easy it is to make you'll never look back.... Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought I's commented on this.......must be getting old !

    I'm going to try this recipe.or rather I'm going to give it to Stuart to try since he likes to make bread !

    ReplyDelete