Sunday, August 30, 2009

Another week passed.....

We have been in Canada now for 7 weeks tomorrow and it has flown by.

I have finally registered the boys in school....it didn't take too long, although I did have to make a trip into town to the school board just so they could verify the passports. All in all and easy process. I was given a list of all the stationery they need to take with them (which I was expecting, thanks to Ruth!).... Poor old Brad's bag is the heaviest as he needed almost every item on the list where as Michael only needed half!! Also we needed new trainers, a pair for indoors and outdoors. I told Michael he needs to stop growing though as he is in the same size shoe as me!! School starts on Tuesday 1st, for a 3 day week only, as we are getting an extra day on Friday for the Labour day holiday, at least they will be broken in gradually, I just hope they cope alright with a 40 minute lesson each day in French.... not something that is taught in UK until year 6 and then it is only once in a blue moon.... I know I will be having to learn over again with them just to try and help bring them get up to speed.
At least now they will start to make some friends and hopefully start to feel more at home. I know it has been hard for them both with only having each others company for most of the summer, but I must admit they have done really well and haven't argued too much.

Bart has not been well this week, he seems to have an eye infection, so more expense at the vets yesterday, $100!! This was just for an examination and eye ointment, hopefully he should start to get better now :)
The rest of the week was busy with just the usual everyday stuff of cleaning, shopping etc!!

Mum and Paul are coming over on Tuesday..... so really looking forward to that, really missed them since we have been here. They are staying for about 5 weeks and then I have a 3 day break before Shan arrives for a week! So I am going to be very busy and might not get to post for a while but that is nothing new as I don't post that often anyway :)

So my plans this week:
Monday - Bake cookies for school
Tuesday - Cleaning ready for the Parents and then pick up from train station later :)
Wednesday to Friday - See what happens, no plans yet!
Saturday - At Kim's for 'Pot Luck' end of season party
Sunday - Again, see what the weather is doing and go from there!!

I am going to leave you with a picture of our latest visitor..... Craig was brave getting so close with camera, I know I wouldn't have risked it!!

2 comments:

  1. 7 weeks......soon it will be 7 years and you'll wonder where the time went !
    At least with the webcam Adam can help with the French !! Shall I make him only speak french to them,ha ha ha.
    Have fun with your Mum and Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everythings going well nicci!! have bookmarked your blog so I can follow :D

    Angie says Hi!!!!

    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete